- Finished Freshman year of college: Freshman year was... interesting. My roommate and I met and we became good friends. But I was introverted and found it to be tougher then I thought to make friends and get out. The rain started to get to me even though I have lived here my entire life. All these resulted in me battling depression.
- Battled Depression: probably one of the toughest things to
admit, yet something that has made me the person I am today. I am
learning to take care of myself and put myself out there. Locking
yourself in your dorm room without talking to anyone and watching too
much TV results in low self-esteem and general unhappiness. Now that I
know this I am trying to figure out how to change my habits. It's tough
- Had a job all year: I was blessed to grow up in a family of
construction workers and Boy Scouts. Hard work is a foundation of our
lives. In the Spring I worked two jobs and went to school full time.
This past summer I finished my fifth year selling berries for a local
farm. I got to manage more which was nice to my bank account. This Fall I
could only fit one job in my schedule because I studied a lot, but they
want me to come back next year which is so nice. I was extremely
- Got into a Study Abroad program: It took a lot of hard
work, two consecutive classes, lots of summer homework, and saving up
but I got accepted to study abroad in France. In two days I will be leaving for Grenoble, France for six months.
It is one of the most life changing experiences I have ever had, and it
hasn't even started! I am eternally grateful for this opportunity.
Started Running: This is one of the things that I think has
helped me battle my depression. I have started to hate my body, but
running has taught me that it isn't all about appearance but about
strength, commitment and faith. I know that running will be something I
can have forever. Next year I am planning on running a half marathon.
- Went down a pant size: This was so exciting. I haven't be this
small since... Shit I don't know. And my New Years' Eve dress? I feel pretty in
this dress. And I never feel pretty in dresses. Since I will be
celebrating New Years' Eve at a party, which I never do (usually it's on
the couch in Pjs with Ice Cream) and in a foreign country, this is so
important for me.
- Turned 20: It was nice to not be a teenager anymore, but now
all I can think is I am an adult. I need to get a boyfriend and an
- Got a haircut:
And I kind of like my hair shorter. I swore I would not get it cut
since last time they cut it short, I looked like yield sign. True Story.
Overall, it was a weird year. I wasn't too happy with myself.
But I feel like 2012 is going to be my year. I will be living in France
for 6 months, traveling, running a half marathon, turning 21, and
getting my first apartment. Perhaps a boyfriend is in the cards too?
Be nice to be me 2012, I really need it.