20 April 2012

Drinks with models in France. C'est la vie.

Last night was surreal. Today was therapeutic. Tomorrow will be fun.

I had dinner and then went out for drinks with some friends. My friend's sister was in town. Said sister is a model that lives in Paris (but also has an apartment in Brussels) and was taught to runway walk by Miss J. Alexander (!) which had me freaking out for a while. I was kind of star-struck. It was really fun.

Three of us got there first and ordered ourselves a bottle of our favorite Rosé Paumplemousse. We finished a bottle before the rest of the group arrived. When everyone else showed up, introductions were made and the chatting started.

It was a great night, full of random fashion stories and future plans. It was a total girls' night, with flirting of the waiters, and three more bottles of Rosé Paumplemousse drank. After we finished three bottles we discovered that it was actually vodka and not wine. C'est la vie. It was a fun night. I got home at 1am, and fell asleep around 2. This non-party-girl had a good time.

Today I did some spring cleaning. I'm a big fan of cleaning (and organizing and labeling things and list-making). There is nothing better then cleaning out and getting rid of excess/outgrown stuff. I blasted the music and cleaned out my closet. It was completely therapeutic.

Then I painted a little, with my new set of watercolors that my mom sent me for an Easter gift. Their little squares of colors, fresh and appealing. I painted some flowers with the sun shining through my windows. I forgot how much I miss painting. The way I can totally zone out and forget about anything else. The way that I need to have a show in the background, need to hear people talking. Silence is not good for creating a masterpiece.

Dinner was a calm affair, with my youngest host sister, host dad and I discussing politics. Les Elections are this Sunday and I can't wait to see how it turns out. I can't wait to hear what everyone has to say. I also can't wait for it to be over. Then I get to go home and have the mud-throwing start all over again. And I am a Political Science major. What am I thinking?

Tomorrow I will sleep in, then I get to go to Chartreuse with Taylor and Bradley, where we will drink some samples and watch the monks do their thing. All for 5 euros.





p.s. I still haven't forgot about Italy recaps and pictures. It is still kind of overwhelming. But I will get to it. Eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merci mon amie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...